Serve as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for the Test & Evaluation Department in support of Range Division (NAVAIR/NAWCWD Code 5.2). The candidate will be working with a System Administrator (SA), Information Assurance Security Officer (ISSO), multiple Branch Heads, multiple Program Managers (PMs) and strategist in support of the completion of a mixture of Certification and Accreditation (C&A) boundaries consolidated into overarching master boundaries that support the Range mission. In addition to C&A package development, the candidate will be responsible for the day to day operations as an ISSO. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain an organizational or system-level cybersecurity program that includes cybersecurity architecture, requirements, objectives and policies, cybersecurity personnel, and cybersecurity processes and procedures.
• Maintain a repository for all organizational or system-level cybersecurity-related documentation.
• Ensure implementation of Information System (IS) security measures and procedures, including reporting incidents to the Command Information System Security Manger (ISSM) and appropriate reporting chains as well as coordinating system-level responses to unauthorized disclosures in accordance with DoDM 5200.01 Vol 3 for classified information or DoDM 5200.01 Vol 4 for CUI, respectively.
• Implement and enforce all DoD IS and Platform Information Technology (PIT) system cybersecurity policies and procedures, as defined by cybersecurity-related documentation.
• Ensure that all users have the requisite security clearances and access authorization, and are aware of their cybersecurity responsibilities for DoD IS and PIT systems under their purview before being granted access to those systems.
• In coordination with the ISSM, initiate protective or corrective measures when a cybersecurity incident or vulnerability is discovered.
• Establish a process for authorized users to report all cybersecurity-related events and potential threats and vulnerabilities to the ISSO.
• Ensure that all DoD IS cybersecurity-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
• Ensures proper Configuration Management procedures are followed. Prior to implementation and contingent upon necessary approval with the ISSM.
• Initiates requests for temporary and permanent exception, deviations, or waivers to IA requirements.
• Ensures IA and IA-enabled software, hardware and firmware comply with appropriate security configuration guides.
• Provide status updates of assigned duties to the Department Information Assurance Manager (DIAM) and Cybersecurity Support Branch Head as defined in their respective Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Respond to all applicable data calls, CTO's, FRAGO's, IAVA's, etc. within the requested timeframe.
• Attend the command Cybersecurity Workforce Meetings, 726 Division Staff Meetings as well as 726 Embed Team meetings.
This position requires a BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and three (3) to five (5) years of progressive relevant experience in a data processing environment. Requires CompTIA Security+ or a higher IA certification. Must be able to prioritize tasks, deliver solutions on time and work independently and on teams. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, track, manage, learn new skills, and communicate orally and in writing is required. It is preferred that a candidate have at least one year of experience under the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), knowledge/training in Risk Management Framework (RMF), and has a familiarity with Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS). Technical familiarity with Windows 7 Enterprise/Ultimate, Mac OS, Ubuntu LTS 1404 and 1604 is also preferred. A good understanding of Information Technology as it relates to Information Assurance/Cyber Security would be considered beneficial. Proficiency with using the Internet and with Microsoft Office products including e-mail, Word, Excel, Access and Project is required. Baseline DoDI 8570.01M IA Certifications is required - a current Security+ or greater certification. U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance required.
This position is a Jacobs's position and may be assigned to a teammate company (eLe, NDTI).
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
• Working at a computer or desk (considerations: sitting, eye strain, hand strain)
• May involve long periods of sitting
Description of Work Environment
• An inside office environment (Considerations: Closed quarters, lighting, and temperature fluctuations)
• Needs to have clear, concise and accurate communication skills
• Need to work well with, co-operate, and support clients, supervisors, and co-workers
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks
• Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation
Criticality of Attendance
• Normal hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 5:00pm, non-flex Fridays 7:00am to 4:00pm
• Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines
• Regular attendance is necessary and required
Other Essential Functions
• Must be able to communicate effectively
• Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, supervisors and co-workers
• Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
• Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
• Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
• Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance required
• Completion of required certifications required within six (6) months of hire date
• U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain an interim and a permanent U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance required
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law. To view the DOL's Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster, please click here .