The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our new team member will,
Perform geotechnical engineering design and analysis of foundation systems and retaining structures for transportation infrastructure projects, public and private clients, utility and other heavy civil projects within the tri-state region.
Inspect geotechnical exploratory and construction related activities; specifically, develop and oversight of subsurface investigation and laboratory testing programs, design and analysis of shallow and deep foundations including piles and drilled shafts, retaining walls, support of excavation systems, preparation of geotechnical engineering and foundation recommendation reports, preparation of geotechnical plan details, and field inspection of geotechnical and foundation related construction and testing activities.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering and MS degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotechnical is required
- At least 4 years experience including geotechnical evaluations, soil and rock classification, design and analysis of foundation and ground retention systems is required
- Must have flexibility to travel for office and field assignments within the tri-state region.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Transportation infrastructure project and geotechnical construction experience
- Familiarity with geotechnical design software programs.
- Registered Engineer in Training is required
- PE license in NJ and/or NY, or ability to obtain in NJ within six months of hire is preferred
- Experience with Ensoft LPile and Group, Geostudio Slope and Sigma, GRLWeap, Civiltech Shoring Suite, Bentley gINT, Bentley Microstation, and AutoCAD is required