JACOBS is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects. Within our UK Transport Planning Business we have an opportunity for an experienced Director to help grow and develop our business in Greater Manchester and the North West.
Our business model is based around securing and developing long term relationships and frameworks with our predominately public sector client base which includes the DfT, NTA, NRA, Welsh Government, Highways England and Network Rail. Our wider client base includes Transport for London, Transport for Greater Manchester, South Yorkshire PTE, Devon, Essex, Lancashire, Cheshire East, Buckinghamshire and North Yorkshire County Councils.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. Primary Job Responsibilities
- Support the leadership and growth of the local Transport Planning team.
- Be responsible for the delivery of key aspects of the office business plan and supporting metrics.
- Management and development of the local client base.
- Management and development of current portfolio of long term frameworks.
- Project Director for a diverse range of Transport Planning projects.
- People and resource management.
- Experience and proven track record within the Local Government market in the North of England area including Local Authorities, Highways England, WYCA, TfGM and SYPTE.
- Experience and proven track record of delivering high profile and diverse transport planning commissions for public and private sector clients.
- Experience and proven track record of delivery against challenging business plan and growth aspirations.
- Experience of leading and developing a medium to large transport planning team.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
- Expert Witness Experience
- PRINCE2 Accredited