Our team is a tightly knit group of people who are passionate about BIM (Building Information Modeling) and its use in the building and infrastructure practice. As one of the earliest adopters of this approach, the company has completed over 400 BIM projects and as a winner numerous design & BIM awards we are committed to leveraging these tools for the development of elegant, sustainable environments.
The BIM Coordinator is responsible for directing BIM workflow for projects in the office as well as collaborating with our other offices and other project partners at an international level. We are looking for avid fans of technology from all disciplines who are willing to learn and grow from our diversity of projects. This BIM Coordinator role is site based on a project in Palmdale, California with reach back to our Irvine Design offices and the nation wide BIM group.
- Coordinating Technology related activities on projects with stringent BIM deliverables.
- Participate in project-based BIM Strategy for all projects in office & work with Project Manager in producing the project-based BIM Implementation document (PxP, BEP).
- Provide BIM production support from project teams; including Project model setup, File Export and Deliverables.
- Ensure that Milestone BIM Models adhere to all internal and client specific standards as outlined in BEP.
- Work with Office Manager and Project Managers to organize and conduct, as required, training and education.
- Identify, evaluate, and if possible expand the efficiency of the software using API tools.
- Conduct Technology R&D activities and manage Initiatives, including new technology implementations.
- Evangelizing BIM technology applications, promoting solutions, and analyzing application usage metrics.
- 3-5 years' experience in Design environment required
- Degree in AEC or Building trades preferred
- Experience with BIM on mission critical, laboratory or other challenging building types involving modern systems required
- Knowledge of Design-Bid-Build, Design/Build, Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) and other modern contractual delivery methods required
- Proven successful implementations of BIM platform technologies required
- Understand project workflows from design, estimation, construction administration and coordination, and fabrication required
- Knowledge of industry standards, workflows, data formats and interoperability techniques required
- Proficiency in BIM processes and parametric design software like Autodesk Revit required
- Familiarity with other 3D Modeling programs and interoperability experience with related software like Navisworks, Rhino & Bentley BIM required
- Proficiency with editing software (Microsoft Word, Excel) and visualization software (Photoshop etc.) required
- Knowledge of content Creation and management tools required
- Additional experience with BIM on Education, Hospitality, Retail and Government building types preferred
- Knowledge of Collaboration and Data Management Solutions like, BIM 360 Glue, BIM 360 Field, strongly preferred
- Experience with various analysis tools like Quantity Takeoff, Ecotect, GreenBuilding Studio, and Simulation CFD preferred
- Awareness/knowledge/experience in BIM usage in the building life cycle/COBie preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.