Jacobs Technology is looking for a senior level Control and Data Acquisition Systems Engineer.
This position requires a motivated candidate that is team-oriented, organized, able to communicate effectively to all levels of individuals within an organization and able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. The Control and Data Acquisition Systems Engineer works as part of one or more project teams and is required to report status of present work both internally and externally to clients.
Duties will include:
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to project engineering groups.
- Independently plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work.
- Perform document translations between German and English, and translate in meetings.
- Specify and select control and data acquisition systems and related components based on user requirements such as safety logic, range, speed, logic description, control tolerance, transient response, etc.
- Develop hardware assembly and wiring diagrams for control and data acquisition systems.
- Develop control system software in PLC ladder logic, function block, etc.
- Develop control system software in LabVIEW, C/C++/C# or Matlab/Simulink.
- Develop embedded controls on commercial real-time systems such as PXI or FPGA based systems.
- Coordinate and review the work of others for techniques and technical approach.
- Support hardware assembly and fabrication of designed systems.
- Perform facility startup, checkout and commissioning of integrated hardware and software systems at client facilities.
- Participate in proposal development and support marketing activities.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related area with 8 years minimum experience in control systems or data acquisition systems. Candidate must be experienced in software skills such as LabVIEW, C/C++/C#, Matlab/Simulink, and PLC ladder logic. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs is required. Basic project management skills including work scope control, task scheduling and budget control is a requirement of the discipline lead role on project assignments. Successful candidate must be fluent and familiar with technical jargon in both German and English languages.
The senior engineer leads project groups by providing direction for effective work performance and devising new approaches to resolve technical problems. The candidate will operate with general instructions in an independent mode using his skills to mentor, coach and direct other engineers, associates, technicians, designers and support staff assigned to accomplish project tasks. As the senior lead, the candidate will apply technical experience to thoroughly review all results from assigned tasks.
The successful candidate will have an interest and background in electronics and instrumentation, specifically in control and data acquisition related areas such as PLCs, drive systems, motion systems, sensors/transmitters, actuators, PID control and communication networks. A solid math background is required in order to understand/select/develop data uncertainty calculations, digital filter algorithms, advanced control algorithms, process simulations, etc. The primary responsibility of the candidate is to lead and perform control and data acquisition system projects.
The ability to estimate work, track and assess progress, set technical direction, develop ingenious alternative approaches when necessary, and similar skills are the requirements for a successful candidate. A drive to participate on teams or alone to design, develop, and deliver control and data acquisition system projects that achieve the technical requirements, are within budget, and within schedule is an important requirement of the candidate.
The Home Office for this position is in Munich Germany
Work will mainly be performed inside in office or lab environment - 75%
Field assignments will be performed in industrial areas - 20%
Field work may include outside work - 5%
Travel will be required to attend customer meetings and perform field work - 30%
Field Work - Must be able to maneuver in and around facility equipment while obtaining field measurements and performing equipment troubleshooting - 25%
May bring candidate in proximity of extreme temperature variations, rotating equipment, and high noise levels - 10%
Special clothing - Will likely be in proximity of electrical and other hazards. Appropriate PPE must be worn and may include eye protection, hearing protection, and arc flash protection - 10%
Equipment and Machines:
Work with general office equipment (computers, fax, telephones, copiers, etc.) - 80%
Data Acquisition and Control Devices such as A/Ds, measurement systems, PLCs, etc. - 50%
Handheld equipment such as digital multimeters and oscilloscopes - 10%
Occasional overtime required to meet demanding schedules - 15%
During field assignments, 2nd or 3rd shift may be necessary - 5%
Regular attendance is mandatory to meet schedules.
Other Essential Functions:
Must take and pass a pre-employment drug test and background test.
Must be authorized to work in the United States