JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Our Sustainable Solutions Business Unit provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise around 700 staff across the UK and Ireland, providing services over the spectrum of environmental specialisms.
We offer our staff opportunities to work on exciting projects across all the market sectors which JACOBS faces world-wide. Over 90% of our work is repeat business, which we achieve by ensuring that we provide a market-leading service to our clients.
To meet our growing UK and worldwide business needs and future development aspirations, JACOBS has a number of outstanding opportunities within Sustainable Solutions business.
We are looking for an archaeologist to join our Heritage Team in Leeds. This role would be suitable for those candidates who are at the early stages of their cultural heritage consultancy career, and who wish to develop their careers further in this exciting field. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working with the Heritage Team on cultural heritage inputs to EIA.
- Working on the production of desk-based assessments and heritage statements.
- Assisting in the design of evaluation and mitigation, procurement and management of contractors.
- A good degree qualification in archaeology or related discipline.
- You will be an Associate member of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists
- Experience in the preparation of desk-based assessments and heritage statements.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Willing to work out of other JACOBS offices in the UK as required.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Experience of historic landscape studies.
- Heritage inputs to EIA, including cultural heritage chapters of Environmental Statements.
- GIS (ESRI/Mapinfo) skills.
- Working within multidisciplinary teams.
In return, we can offer involvement in a wide range of exciting and often high profile projects, with significant opportunities to develop technical and management skills.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.