Jacobs Information Solutions Group provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
This is an ADI position supporting the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) contract with Jacobs ISG.
This position is located in Crystal City, Virginia and supports the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program based in Crystal City, VA. Ideal candidates will have direct related experience supporting Help Desk Tier 1 and Tier 2 operations, preferably supporting a large-scale government customer. Primary responsibility (75%) will be to answer inbound calls to the Service Desk, and create/work tickets.
The selected candidate should have:
• Experience providing technical support for microcomputer hardware, networks, account administration, and office automation software via telephone
• Demonstrated experience with Remedy/Helpdesk management systems
• Strong IT problem solving/troubleshooting experience
• Experience with remote management tools
• Knowledge of Blackberry basics
• Demonstrated experience with Active Directory
• Network Basics
• VPN Basics
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Ability to listen, understand and translate client requirements
• Must be knowledgeable in best practices and IT methodologies
• Must understand business processes and have the ability to thoroughly understand the technology to address client's requirements
• Familiarity with SharePoint
• Working knowledge of HTML
• Experience with advanced Microsoft Office features (Excel functions; Access queries; etc.)
This position requires an Associates degree with 4 years of experience, or a total of 6 years of related experience. An IAT Level I certification (CompTIA A+CE or Network+CE) is required. The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.
Jacobs ISG is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer.
Inside office environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required. Must be able to lift and carry 15 lbs.
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain and retain a security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.
Either a CompTIA A+CE or Network+CE certification is also required.