JACOBS ENGINEERING INC. is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services. We are led by our simple yet essential core values; People are our Greatest Asset, We are Relationship-Based and Growth is an Imperative. Our Culture of Care along with our core values form a solid foundation upon which our business is built.
JACOBS currently employs more than 60,000 people in 250 offices across 30 countries. Our Mainland European Region has been a key contributor to Jacobs' strong performance providing services to primarily in-region clients in a variety of industries.
Over the past two years we have been working on further growing our business by supporting current clients in new regions and attracting new clients. This growth is adding larger, international projects to our portfolio.
We are at the point where we need talented people with proven experience on large, international projects to help us continue this exciting growth. The Jacobs office in Switzerland is currently looking for
- Project Planner will;
- Develop project schedules through all project phases including Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning.
- Measure and report progress in all project phases.
- Develop work around, recovery and mitigation plans as required.
- Report earned value, current status and forecast against plan.
Duties and responsibilities
- Key duties may include:
- Develop detailed plans for all project phases in P6 with correct logical linkages, resource loaded.
- Prepares regular updates and present the report findings
- Prepares recovery and mitigation plans
- Prepares more detailed plans for specific functions
- Supports CM in planning
- Produces reports from P6 and manipulate outputs to suit various reporting forums.
- Integrates Sub-Contractor plans into master project schedule.
- Obtain input from all stakeholders - from all project support functions and brings all inputs to a rational schedule output
- Reviews inputs from all stakeholders and queries/checks/corrects sub-optimal input
- Facilitates Interactive Planning process
- Reviews Sub-Contractors plans
- Develops and assists in Contracting Strategy and Source planning
PROJECT WORKING LOCATION: CANTON OF SOLOTHURN
The following are the minimum requirements for this function title and level.
- BSc or MSc in a related field
- Chartered Membership of a recognized Professional body
- Detailed knowledge of design, procurement, and construction/field service processes
- Detailed understanding of Jacobs' EPCM project delivery process
- Knowledgeable and proficient with computers and experienced with:
-Primavera P6 planning software
-Excellent user of Excel
-Presentation, Word processing and database software
-Risk Analysis (Monte Carlo) software
-Earned Value measurement and reporting
- Detailed knowledge of construction methodology and sequencing.
- Knowledge of construction quantities
This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience in a planning role. This should include experience of all project phases and experience on construction site.
- Has a technical understanding of the software systems and methods used within all of the planning functions.
- Has a detailed understanding of the inter-relating disciplines and functions and their interaction with the project schedule.
- Capable of effectively communicating with project and operations management and with the client. Must identify potential problems and elevate these to the appropriate level(s) of management
- Must have the discipline to meet regular deadlines
- Able to work as part of a larger team who need to work closely to achieve project success.
- Able to present reports to Jacobs and Client management
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to interact with designers, CM staff and construction personnel
- Accountable to planning, Project Controls and Business Management.
- Does not compromise safety in the home office or in the field
- Actively cooperate with members of team, CM and overall project team.
- Meets commitments made to the team
- Meets project deadlines
- Look for ways to improve our work processes
- Is positive and respectful in discussions of clients and Jacobs