The successful candidate will contribute to the development of new techniques and standards and will be considered an expert in the field of cost engineering.
Generally functions as the assigned cost engineer on a small or medium project performing routine cost activities with minimal supervision. Has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
The successful candidate will carry out the following duties:
- Develop processes that require innovation and ingenuity;
- Independently apply advanced techniques and analysis;
- Supervise and develop estimates for assigned projects providing consistent application of all standards;
- Coordinate requirements with Project Managers, maintains coordination of activities, and implement specific control procedures;
- Identify potential problems and elevate to appropriate level(s) of management;
- Create presentations for upper level management.
The required qualifications and attributes are:
- Extensive years of experience required;
- Degree in Surveying, Construction Management or Engineering ;
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor or member of a professional body or working towards chartered status;
- Familiarity with the Operating Procedures for Project Controls is required;
- Knowledge and understanding of the scope of work for projects is required;
- Able to effectively communicate with project management, other project leads, and the client is required;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills is required.