JACOBS ENGINEERING INC. is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services. We are led by our simple yet essential core values; People are our Greatest Asset, We are Relationship-Based and Growth is an Imperative. Our Culture of Caring along with our core values form a solid foundation upon which our business is built.
JACOBS currently employs over 62,000 people in 250 offices across 30 countries. Our Mainland European Region has been a key contributor to Jacobs' strong performance providing services to clients throughout the region in a variety of industries.
The past two years has seen us grow our business by supporting current clients in new regions and attracting new clients. This growth has added larger, more complex international projects to our portfolio. We are therefore seeking talented people with proven experience to fuel this growth. As a result, the Jacobs office in Switzerland is currently looking to fill the following role:
SENIOR BUYER - CONTRACTS
Commercial contracting, and contract administration involving legal processes and document management. His area of expertise includes domestic and international exposure in Contracts formation, Contracting Strategies, Operating Agreement within Engineering / Construction. Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards; viewed as expert within the corporation. Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity scope that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity. Work performed under consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives. Prime consultant to management and internal and external spokesperson for organization on highly significant, major matters.
- Manages the procurement process, including planning, development of bid lists, Contract formation and issuance, claims resolution, administration and closeout in support of projects or other operating requirements
- Participates in or leads project Contracts management strategy development and implementation and may be assigned as the Contracts management project lead
- Identifies and advises project and Contract management of commercial risks inherent in quotations and Contracts
- May participate in internal and external Contracts management presentations
- Accountability: Accountable to the Procurement Department Manager, Project Management and/or the designated Contracting Manager lead
- Effective execution of company policies and procedures relating to Contracting (including but not limited to, safety and ethics)
- Timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of order negotiation and administration activities.
- Fulfillment of Contracting / procurement requirements during project performance
- Effective supervision of change activity to assure adequate protection of the company against potential Contractors claims
- Timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of problem identification, status reporting and corrective action.
- Effectiveness of relationships with Contractors, management, customers, support organizations, and project team members
- Works with and sometimes directs others in Contracting / Supply Management regarding implementation and support of Contracting / Supply Management programs and procedures
- Works with project personnel and material control to plan and support Contracting Management execution for the project
- Coordinates with Project Management, Supply Management, Business Development, Legal, Finance and Insurance during project execution
- Commits, spends and controls client and company dollars within limits established in company procedures
- 8-10 years' of relevant experience required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
PROJECT WORKING LOCATION: CANTON OF SOLOTHURN