The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
We are seeking a Civil Engineer to join our Rail Services Practice in our Morristown, NJ office. This position would be responsible for providing design, calculations and engineering services with the application of transportation system principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards. Responsibilities include performing various aspects of rail/transportation design using computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Preparation of horizontal and vertical track alignments and associated data.
- Development of design documents including plans, specifications, and quantity take-offs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
- 2 to 5+ years design engineering experience in Civil /Transportation Engineering
- Experience in horizontal and vertical alignment is desirable
- Working knowledge of AREMA and local railroad criteria desired
- Proficiency in Microstation and experience InRoads/InRail desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and attention to detail
- EIT preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.