** We are offering a 25K sign on Bonus for this position! **
Jacobs currently has an opening for a Network Engineer to join their team at their customer site.
Looking for Sr. Network Engineer with 8+ years of tiers 2-4 advanced network engineering knowledge and direct hands on experience. Engineer will be responsible for cradle to grave network engineering solutions to include requirements gathering, architecture design, testing, implementation, documentation and supportability (O&M).
Must be willing to provide on-call rotation for one week every 5 weeks.
Required Position Responsibilities and Knowledge Areas:
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Data Center network engineering and administration. Specifically TCP/IP, to include IP Addressing and Subnetting, MTU, QoS, Network Security (ACL's, IPSec Tunnels, NAT/PAT), STP, RSTP, VTP, L2 and L3 VLAN's, Link aggregation, Multicast and how to properly implement these technologies.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of EIGRP and OSPF, route distribution principles and configuration in an enterprise environment as well as Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP).
- Expert understanding of Cisco and Juniper routing, switching and security hardware platforms and a demonstrated ability to configure and manage the various device types.
- Strong understanding of physical wiring standards, such as the physical terminations for copper and optical connections as well as the respective GBICs.
- Ability to work with customers to determine network requirements, write system requirement documents, and develop design solutions (physical and logical) that are in compliance with best engineering practices, standards, and guidelines.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
Desired Position Responsibilities and Knowledge Areas:
- Familiarity with network management/monitoring software suites and tools.
- Experience with Type 1 cryptographic equipment from both an engineering and policy perspective.
- Good understanding & experience with Cisco and Juniper dynamic IP routing protocols, including but not limited to, BGP-MPLS layer 2 & layer 3 VPNs.
Outputs (Required Qualifications / Skills):
- Expected technical lead expert for design of enterprise wide networks and lead 4 th Tier network configuration/performance problem resolutions. Familiarity with IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices and ITIL framework. Providing routing and switching technology expertise and guidance to Agency and IC working groups to enable change and improvement initiatives across the branch and network partner organizations when necessary.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Technology (or like degree) and 8+ years of networking experience
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in non-computer related field and 10+ years of networking experience
- CCNP or currently working towards one
- Bachelors degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and 14 years of progressive, relevant experience or an MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and 12 years of progressive experience, or a PHD in a computer or system discipline and 7 years of experience.
- Required demonstrated and recognized technical expertise in specialty areas of engineering system design and analysis.