Strategic Initiative Consultant
Jacobs Advanced Consulting Services (ACS) is a blend of specialty consulting and Information Technology (IT) professionals combining their talents to develop optimum solutions for government and industry worldwide. Our operational solutions specialize in delivering unbiased analyses to decision makers through utilization and analysis of existing data, assessing the feasibility of potential plans, ramifying decisions to include second and third order effects, selecting the best decision based on available information, and quantifying defensible results. To address various issues, we use several off-the-shelf and custom-designed tools. Major customers include the US Government and commercial entities. Our capabilities include:
- modeling and simulation
- process engineering
- program evaluation
- data management and mining
- organizational change management
- stakeholder analysis
- risk assessment and analysis
- business architecture development
- survey and qualitative analysis
Our IT services support mission-critical customer IT infrastructure, applications, and their end users. We provide a broad range of capabilities from strategic multi-year planning to design, implementation, and on-site O&M support. Our cyber security Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) services implement a layered, "Defense in Depth" approach utilizing strategic technologies and practices developed specifically for the industrial environment. Using this approach, ACS works with clients to develop a plan of action to secure their Plant/Control Networks and Industrial Controls (ICS) and SCADA systems against current and future cyber security threats. Major customers include US Government agencies, State and Local Government Municipalities, medical facilities, public organizations, and commercial entities.
Jacobs has an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Initiative Consultant to focus on business development primarily for our specialty consulting services. This opportunity would also have the span and reach to include business development for our IT services however, at least 75% of the effort will focus on our consulting business.
Develops, maintains, and advances client relationships through BD strategies and client contacts-resulting in new contracts and added value for our clients. Consistently advocates and adheres to BD process and procurement integrity guidelines.
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients, operations, and inside sales team; cultivates new clients
- Assumes primary responsibility for client relationships and BD strategies
- Leads development of BD strategies, win plans, and go/no-go decisions, working closely with inside sales and operations throughout BD process
- Leads development of proposals, as needed to support BD process
- Tracks and shares client relationship developments with management team through call reports and BD database entries
- Maintains and enforces client confidentiality, procurement integrity, gatekeeper approval, and company Identity Program compliance
- Leads pricing strategy development and pricing reviews, and develops bid & proposal estimates
- Negotiates contracts, with support from operations, legal, and contract groups
- Works with BD and operations teams to assess resource availability and assemble project teams
Accomplishes results independently and through support from supervisors or experienced exempt employees. Performs work under consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives. Responsible for development and management of BD budget for a particular office or region. Informs ACS Director of new developments within area of responsibility and proposes growth-related initiatives, including identification of acquisition candidates.
BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university, plus nine (9) to twelve (12) years of experience in business development.
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
% of Time
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing)
- Unusual physical requirements
- High noise level
Description of Work Environment
% of Time
- Inside? Outside? Where
- Combination of above
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved
- Hazardous conditions - What are they
- Travel/transportation requirements
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks
% of Time
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?
- Tools used in trade - which ones?
Criticality of Attendance
% of Time
- Overtime, regular days, off days
- Shift, 2nd, 3rd
- Necessity for regular attendance
- Urgency for punctuality
Other Essential Functions
List other essential functions here.