The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This position reports to Manager of Operations, and has supervisory responsibility for the Mechanical Engineering section to include Designers. Responsibilities include overseeing the engineering design function to ensure compliance with company standards and guidelines. Through delegation and collaboration; candidate will direct activities of engineers and design staff engaged in planning, designing, coordinating, and supervising design and construction of building projects for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
- Responsible for all projects assigned to unit
- Manage and leverage engineering department's resources and capabilities on a consistent basis, meeting company goals and objectives for quality and billability
- May prepare client project presentations studies, and reports
- Manage weekly design general and administrative (G&A) labor
- Assist in developing project staffing plans and work forecasting
- Have frequent contacts with equivalent level managers concerning projects, operational decisions or scheduling requirements
- Works to develop technical strategies and procedures for the practice.
- Project management, team leadership, and mentoring junior-level staff
- Drive growth and continuous improvement within Operations
- Business development and marketing responsibilities in practice area
- 15+ years related experience in building design as an engineering professional is required
- BS or MS in Engineering is required
- Professional Registration (P.E.) is required
- Previous experience in managing staff and workflow is required
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, is required
- Travel is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.