JACOBS ENGINEERING INC. is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services. We are led by our simple yet essential core values; People are our Greatest Asset, We are Relationship-Based and Growth is an Imperative. Our Culture of Care along with our core values form a solid foundation upon which our business is built.
JACOBS currently employs more than 60,000 people in 250 offices across 30 countries. Our Mainland European Region has been a key contributor to Jacobs' strong performance providing services to primarily in-region clients in a variety of industries.
Over the past two years we have been working on further growing our business by supporting current clients in new regions and attracting new clients. This growth is adding larger, international projects to our portfolio.
We are at the point where we need talented people with proven experience on large, international projects to help us continue this exciting growth. The Jacobs office in Switzerland is currently looking for
Job Profile and Description
The Prolog Support position will undertake the following duties and responsibilities.
- Leading a team on the use of Prolog on managing Subcontracting and information flow with Subcontractors
- Setting up Prolog for the best use on the project.
- Align the team on the Subcontracting management by use of Prolog.
- Providing end-user support for the suite of Prolog Modules and Forms, processes and reports, as required, satisfying the end-user requirements.
- Providing end-user training and "over the shoulder" reviews to ensure that the Prolog software is being used effectively and efficiently; and the data is being entered thoroughly and correctly.
- Help enforce Program and Project Procedures through the correct entry, reporting and interpretation of Prolog data.
- Coordinating with the LAWA IT Group to monitor the computer assets and their usage, assist with software and hardware upgrades, as required, and provide network trouble-shooting and tuning assistance, as required.
- Help integrate the Prolog data with the Primavera Scheduling and MC2 Estimating data to produce integrated Scope, Schedule and Budget reports, as required.
- Deep knowledge on Subcontracting Management
- Self-starter attitude with results-oriented focus. Demonstrates a proactive and respectful approach to end-user trouble calls and "over the shoulder" reviews.
- Willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Prolog Management Software, Microsoft Office suite, Crystal Report Writer, the Adobe Acrobat software.
- Experience using integrated software platforms, such as Prolog and Primavera, on a large-scale, multi-million dollar construction project highly desirable.
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous position.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/Computer Programming
- Two- to five-years directly supporting a large-scale project management software.
- Experience in a public-sector Program Management / Construction Management office environment is highly desirable.
- MS Office Suite, including Excel and Access, is required.
- Demonstrated experience with a graphics package is required.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Acrobat PDF is required.
- Prolog Management System or other large-scale, integrated project management solution is highly desirable.
- Experience with Crystal Reports is highly desirable.
- Experience with Primavera Scheduling software and/or MC2 Estimating software is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience supporting multi-user platform in a networked environment.
PROJECT WORKING LOCATION: CANTON OF SOLOTHURN