JACOBS ENGINEERING INC. is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services. We are led by our simple yet essential core values; People are our Greatest Asset, We are Relationship-Based and Growth is an Imperative. Our Culture of Caring along with our core values form a solid foundation upon which our business is built.
JACOBS currently employs over 62,000 people in 250 offices across 30 countries. Our Mainland European Region has been a key contributor to Jacobs' strong performance providing services to clients throughout the region in a variety of industries.
The past two years has seen us grow our business by supporting current clients in new regions and attracting new clients. This growth has added larger, more complex international projects to our portfolio. We are therefore seeking talented people with proven experience to fuel this growth. As a result, the Jacobs office in Switzerland is currently looking to fill the following role:
The successful candidate will be expected to organize and control HSE for specific building and/or areas according to the roles and expectation planned for the site. The role needs to be strongly interconnected with Jacobs and Contractors staff and has a key role to promote safety in the site organization.
- Carry out the day to day operations according to Jacobs standards.
- Identify risks and measure to control site risks and update document.
- Assist, prepare and check contractors documentation & advice on diverse topics, e.g. HAZOP, Constructability, safety reviews & risks assessments, Safe Plan of Action according with Building HSE Manager.
- Organize a conduct HSE meeting with contractors staff according to Building HSE Manager
- Identify training needs and promote safety culture.
- Participate and/or organize daily meeting with Jacobs and Contractor HSE staff.
- Conduct incident/near miss investigation and promote correct communication of the event.
- Working closely with others, listen to the ongoing trends on the project and develop communication briefing and learning packages to create conversation, dialogue and appropriate action around positive and negative project performance.
- Knowledge of construction/safety management on site, proved by significant experiences
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership, commitment and strong technical background
- Good organization and execution skills
- Results-oriented and committed to continuous improvement
- Effective decision-making
- Advanced analytical skills
- Multi-office project experience.
- Broad experience in management construction/HSE project is essential
- Knowledge of engineering/construction industries
Degree/Educational Requirements :
- Bachelor/ Degree in an Engineering discipline, preferable Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Coming from the civil/mechanical professional area, with a minimum of 3/6 years of experiences.
- Strong education on HSE technical aspects (NEBOSH qualification or similar)
3+ years of experience, with preference given to candidates with experience in
- An HSE position or similar experience.
- Further education within a professional industry such as engineering and/or construction covering roles as HSE professional.
- Fluent German Swiss and English language Knowledge is a must. Knowledge of Italian and/or French and/or other languages could be a plus
PROJECT WORKING LOCATION: CANTON OF SOLOTHURN