Duties and Responsibilities will include:
Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) Support:
Assist the Systems Engineer at ROM meetings with:
• Scheduling and meeting with the customers
• Outlining major system functionality
• Translating system functions into a ROM proposal/bid Lead effort to develop any associated documents, drawings or research for the initial CONOPS/ROM.
Engineering Plan Support:
Use the functionality outlined in the ROM and customer interaction:
• Translate the ROM into Functional Requirements
• Define System Functions (Edit, Search, Update their specific data area)
• Define Tool Maintenance Screens
• Define Permissions Functions/Screens
• Outline any Reporting
• Define Miscellaneous Functions/Screens
• Based on 3 to 4 week sprints, translate the Functions into deliverable component of:
o Working software
o Timelines for the design/development team builds
o Delivery Schedules
• Manage the delivery schedule to include:
• Facilitate/Lead Team Coordination (Daily stand-up)
• Identification and Escalation of issues (scheduling, resourcing, hours)
• Coordinating with the customer and PM (status, schedule, issues, etc.)
• Requires a BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or Engineering.
• A total of fifteen (15) years including:
• Three (3) years of experience with translating system requirements and business processes into technical documentation, including use cases, process diagrams and functional design documents, and scorecards
• Three (3) years of experience with modeling business processes process analysis methodologies, including but not limited to six-sigma, ITIL, CMMI; and
• Experience with analyzing complex processes, systems or datasets using an array of methods and technologies, articulating findings in briefing materials, and contributing to the development of solutions based on analytical findings.
• Ability to lead Agile-style methodologies.
• Experience developing reusable components, automated tests, utilizing formal software development processes and employing best practices.
• Experience maintaining software projects under source control.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a permanent U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance required.
• Experince developing software solutions for Financial, HR, and Business disciplines.
• Preference is shown to candidates that demonstrate the capability to bring solutions beyond the prototype stage for deployment in performance-critical software.
• Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: Sitting, Eyes, Hands)
• May involve long periods of sitting or standing depending on current tasking
• An inside office environment (Considerations: Closed quarters, lighting, and temperature fluctuations)
• Needs to be able to work well with and support co-workers and clients
• Needs to have clear, concise and accurate communication skills
• Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation
• Normal hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 5:00pm, non-flex Fridays 7:00am to 4:00pm
• Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines
• Regular attendance is necessary and required
• Must be able to communicate effectively
• Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, management and employees
• Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
• Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
• Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
• Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance required
• Completion of required certifications required within six (6) months of hire date
• U.S. Citizen and ability to obtain an interim and a permanent U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance required
• Requires the ability to possess a Government CAC Card