This is a Junior level to Mid-level opportunity in Jacobs' growing Research and Specialty Services group based in Durham, NC. The employee will have exposure to multiple projects supporting Jacobs' Research Laboratory Support (RLS) at the US EPA's Air Lab in Research Triangle Park, NC. This contract provides on-site support to EPA's National Risk Management Research Laboratory's Air Pollution Prevention and Control Division and the National Homeland Security Research Center Decontamination Consequence Management Division. The employee will be responsible for lab work, fieldwork, data processing and presentation.
Duties will include:
- Development, implementation, and management of environmental and biochemical decontamination techniques research projects
- Design prototype lab-scale/bench-scale experimental apparatus and systems
- Hands-on conducting bench-scale and pilot-scale experiments
- Develop test protocols, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Prepare reports to document experimental procedures and findings
- Be able to write and disseminate research results in the form of government reports and/or referred technical papers
- BA or Master of Science (Preferred) in Chemical/Mechanical/Environmental Engineering with one year experience. Three to five years' experience is preferable.
- Experience in managing government projects, and conducting research in the fields of chemical and biological decontamination research (preferred)
- Experience in running prototype lab-scale/bench-scale experimental apparatus and systems
- Experience on sampling and decontamination methods, which include pesticides, chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear terrorism threats.
- Proficiency in the MS Office platform
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
0% of Time
Be able to lift 25 lbs None None Appropriate PPE None None Description of Work Environment Examples: Specify
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing)
- Unusual physical requirements
- High noise level
Inside a laboratory environment 90% Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks Examples: Specify
- Inside? Outside? Where
- Combination of above
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved
- Hazardous conditions - What are they
- Travel/transportation requirements
None Bench scale equipment 100% Criticality of Attendance Examples: Specify
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?
- Tools used in trade - which ones?
- Overtime, regular days, off days
- Shift, 2nd, 3rd
- Necessity for regular attendance
- Urgency for punctuality
M-F (regular days) 100%
Other Essential Functions
The employee will be responsible for lab work, fieldwork, data processing and presentation