Jacobs Information Solutions Group provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
This position supports the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program located in Crystal City, VA. The Senior Service Desk Specialist provides over the phone and in-person support for 800+ users located in multiple buildings at the Program Office Headquarters, as well as, provides phone support for remote JVE sites; some of which do not have on-site support. The ideal candidate will have experience in accessing, configuring, and troubleshooting server-related issues. This will include establishing Active Directory accounts; creating and modifying user groups and enterprise distribution lists; mounting users' mailboxes to allow for forensic investigation and remediation; researching event and system logs to determine root cause of identified problems; and troubleshooting and remediating issues arising from the use of the enterprise Document Management system (Content Server). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone, email and via the Remedy Tracking system
- Track issues to resolution
- Updating the internal knowledgebase and communicating lessons learned with relevant business units
- Escalate more involved problems to the appropriate Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot identified problems with PCs, software, communications devices, and network connections as required, including:
- Account/CAC Troubleshooting - enables users to log on to the network
- Assistance with CD/DVD burning - ensures users are correctly burning CDs/DVDs
- Connectivity/DOT 1x issue resolution - enables users to connect to the network
- Data transfers between disparate systems within the virtual environment
- Fielding General Inquiries - enables users to get information such as request status, IT policy guidance, software/hardware use and best practice
- Hardware Issuance and Troubleshooting - enables users to log on to and use resources on the network as well as ensures appropriate desktop virus/security restrictions are in place
- Image laptops/desktops - Prepare new laptops with pre-approved image
- Loaner Equipment Support - enables users to log on to the network securely while on international travel or when there is an issue with their equipment
- Software Installation and troubleshooting - ensures that any approved non-standard software is installed properly and maintained; troubleshoot identified issues with installed software to ensure full operability
- Primary point of contact for all security-related Incident Support - ensures that identified security violations/threats are responded to while minimizing the time a user is unable to access network resources.
- Vault Support - enables users to log on to and use resources on the classified network as well as ensures appropriate desktop virus/security restrictions are in place.
- VPN Troubleshooting - enables users to log on to the network while TDY or working from a non-JVE location.
- Troubleshoot Blackberry - enables users to communicate through email and phone while away from the computer.
This position requires a Bacheors degree with 1 year of related experience or a total of 5 years of experience. An IAT Level I certification is required. (This includes either a CompTIA A+CE or Network+CE certification.) An active DoD Secret level security clearance is required.
Jacobs ISG is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer.
Inside office environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required. Must be able to lift and carry 15 lbs.
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain and retain a security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
An active DoD Secret level security clearance is required.
Either a CompTIA A+CE or Network+CE certification is also required.