Jacobs Information Solutions Group (ISG) provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
The Inventory/Purchasing Agent will be responsible for purchasing IT Hardware and Software and will work closely with key stakeholders within the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Program Office. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage supplier relationship, quality and delivery within the global sourcing policies for the IT category (regional, global) as defined by the category team
- Focus on transactional cost reduction through supplier management (reliable suppliers in terms of financial position, quality and service delivered within stable or reduced price for the goods/ services rendered) spend management, and optimize supply portfolio
- Run reports: RFP, RFQ, RFx
- Gather data and perform supplier market analysis in order to profile suppliers and identify suitable suppliers
- Negotiate contracts, terms & conditions, letter of intent
- Work with internal customers in the supplier contacts and negotiations
- Contribute to continuously improving the purchasing processes (Supplier selection and performance management, risk management, pricing volatility, working capital improvement, inventory, payment terms, etc)
- Identify and establish the most cost effective strategic suppliers commensurate with business requirements
- Support new product development cost reduction programs and internal customers' objectives
- Coordinate efforts of suppliers and cross-functional disciplines on material acquisition for new, current or declining products
- Establish on-going collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders
- Ensure that material management and cost objectives are treated equally and without compromise
- Develop strategic supplier alliances, wherever practical, and establishes, negotiates and manage agreements as required
The selected candidate should have/demonstrate:
- A background in Purchasing along with a technical understanding of supplier products and processes and a track record of delivering to the bottom line
- Experience in IT in a relevant industry whereas in Purchasing or any related function
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Self-starter. Drives change. Result-oriented
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong project management and negotiation skills
- Flexible. Can see the big picture behind the details
- High level of business integrity is essential
- Excellent judgment skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Contract knowledge and basic understanding of legal terms and conditions
- Technical experience on all aspects of materials and/or services
- Experience in Government/DoD IT purchasing requirements
- Experience assessing program procedures, practices, philosophies, and documentation for compliance with specifications, contracts, and mission requirements
- Experience supporting, analyzing, providing input, developing and preparing reports on inventory status and purchasing requests
- Experience developing and presenting asset management reporting and summaries
- Desired: Demonstrated experience using REMEDY
This position requires a Bachelors degree with 6 years of related experience, or a total of 10 years of related experience. An IAT Level II certification is required. A grace period of 60 days from hire may be granted to allow a qualified candidate to obtain this certification. The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance is required.
Jacobs ISG is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer.
Inside office environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required. Must be able to lift and carry 15 lbs.
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain and retain a security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
An IAT Level II certification is required. A grace period of 60 days from hire may be granted to allow a qualified candidate to obtain this certification. The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance is required.