The Jacobs Technology, Inc., Engineering and Projects group provides technical and managerial leadership in the design, construction, and commissioning of advanced test systems and facilities for a variety of clients around the world. Our clients are in the automotive, aerospace, aero-propulsion and other advanced technology markets and represent both the private and government segments.
Jacobs is seeking a creative Mechanical Engineer with 5 - 10 years of experience in the design of mechanical mechanisms. The successful candidate will work in a project team environment to develop custom designs to satisfy customer requirements. Typical projects include wind tunnels and support equipment, rocket and jet engine test stands, automotive test cells and fixtures, and other unique systems.
Job Purpose: Designs mechanical and electromechanical mechanisms for use in wind tunnels and other testing facilities.
- Creates conceptual designs to meet client requirements using off-the-shelf commercial components and custom-designed parts.
- Applies principles of mechanics (static and dynamic), hydraulics, pneumatics, and materials.
- Performs engineering analysis, including static and dynamic stresses, vibration, and thermal.
- Oversees detailed design and development of 3D Models and 2D drawings.
- Writes specifications for fabrication, assembly and installation.
- Provides installation and startup support during construction at client sites (limited travel).
- Provides leadership for junior engineers and designers.
- Provides a technical liaison with clients and other disciplines - including presentations, design reviews, and training.
- Assists with project planning and cost estimating.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the design of machines or mechanisms (10 preferred)
- 3D solid modeling - (prior use of Inventor software preferred, but not required)
- Engineering Analysis - stress-strain, power transmission, and vibrations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
Equipment and Machines
Personal computers, copiers, and telephones.
Regular attendance is mandatory. Occasional overtime is required to meet demanding schedules.
Other Essential Functions
Must take and pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.