Jacobs Information Solutions Group (ISG) provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
Jacobs ISG is looking for candidates to join our high performing operations team on the Joint Strike Fighter IT and Security Operations Program. Qualified candidates will be self-starting individuals who bring the value of their experience working in and setting up a network operations center. We are small team with a large mission, and looking for individuals with the vision, tactical experience, and commitment to service delivery.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and implement network changes to support the growth and stability of the core network
- Implement customer and network change activities as prescribed by Network Engineering to include managing change documentation to ensure network and customer information is always current
- Monitor all core enterprise services and customer connections for any potential performance problems (utilization, intrusion, etc) and respond in a timely manner to any anomalies to ensure network availability
Network and Customer Trouble and Change Resolution
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems at all layers of the OSI Model
- Work trouble and change tickets effectively and efficiently; Interact with Engineering, Service Desk staff, and vendors to facilitate quick resolution of issues in accordance with established processes
- Act as escalation point for Service Desk and Network and Systems Administrators to ensure quick and effective resolutions
- Monitor and manage network devices such as Cisco routers, firewalls and switches. Also, monitor and manage enterprise services hosted on local and public facing servers
- Configure, Instrument and Use Network Monitoring System (Solarwinds) to monitor, manage and maintain the enterprise network
- Document network designs to include the entire OSI model
- Development and improvement of Service Management process and NOC standard operating procedures
- Document bugs and issues related to network performance and liaise with Engineering to resolve outstanding issues, and Incidents
- Publish scheduled and On-Demand network utilization and other performance statistics
The selected candidate should have the following:
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work multiple projects and time sensitive tasks under pressure
- Experience working in a multiple shift Network Operations Center Environment
- Demonstrated experience with performing enterprise backups, job scheduling and success rate reporting
- Demonstrated experience with HBSS, ACAS, as well as practical knowledge of scanning and vulnerability mitigation processes and tools
- Demonstrated experience performing vulnerability scans and prioritizing and implementing security patches
- Experience with implementing enterprise patch management strategy based on NIST xxxxxxxguidance
- Excellent proficiency with setting up and instrumenting Network Monitoring and Management Systems (Solarwinds is preferred)
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and resolving transport related problems
- Demonstrated experience in Layer 3 routing protocols in a Cisco environment (OSPF, BGP, RIP, IS-IS, and EIGRP)
- Working knowledge of VoIP protocols such as SIP, RTP, and RTCP
- Working knowledge of virtualization and virtualization management platforms
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting Layer 2 based protocols in a Cisco environment (L2TP, STP, RSTP, VLAN, and VTP)
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting VPN problems and Traffic related problems (QoS, RSVP)
- Demonstrated experience provisioning Layer 2 and Layer 3 services in a Cisco environment
- Hands on experience with Network Sniffer and Traffic Capture tools
- Hands on experience supporting Domain Name Services and policies
- Demonstrated experience with firewalls and network security protocols
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
- Demonstrated experience working within Service Management frameworks and interacting with Change Management, Configuration Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management, Security Management, and Availability Management processes
Additional Desired Experience:
- SIEM tools such as LogRhythm
- Datacenter administration (environmental monitoring and response, shutdown/startup procedures, day-to-day systems monitoring and reporting)
- UNIX systems (BSD, Linux, and Solaris) and scripting (Perl and SQL)
- CommVault backup solutions and job management
- Prior Field Technician experience
- Working knowledge of IPv6
This position requires a Bachelor's degree with 10 years of related experience, or a total of 14 years of related experience. An IAT Level III certification is required. A grace period of 60 days from hire may be granted to qualified candidates who hold a current IAT Level II certification. The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.
Jacobs ISG is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer.
Inside office environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required. Must be able to lift and carry 15 lbs.
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain and retain a security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country. Please note: relinquishing citizenship does not guarantee the approval of security clearance. The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.
An IAT Level III certification is also required.