Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and approximately 80,000 employees across the globe, we are continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways Agency (HA), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally
Assist with the production of quality engineering outputs that conform with, but ideally exceed, the requirements of the project brief.
- Produce detailed 3D models and drawings from sketches, plans, specifications, and written and verbal instructions, in adherence to Jacobs' and the Client's CAD/BIM standards.
- Contribute towards the implementation and development of CAD and BIM processes, including standards and content creation.
- Assist in maintaining Quality Assurance management within the common data environment and with document controllers.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software packages.
- Able to assist with technical issues when they arise.
- Contribute to our Lean approach to driving efficiency and removing waste from our processes
- Experience of working within an engineering and design sector, preferably with a background in structures (bridges).
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Able to competently produce accurate, neat and effective general arrangement and detailed design construction drawings.
- Able to interpret topographic and highway alignment information from Civil 3D and MX.
- Good communication skills and able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to plan work to make optimum use of time.
- Awareness of BIM processes and a typical Highways design cycle.
- Experience with Autodesk Revit, CADS RC, Civil 3D and Navisworks.
- Gained or working towards relevant academic qualifications.
- Experience of reinforcement detailing.
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.