Shift is Friday - Monday, 10 hours per day in the afternoons.
Responsibilities include fixture fabrication, mechanical preparation and instrumentation, test execution, data collection and post test removal of test equipment and components. Test Lab instrumentation including application, installation, and calibration and troubleshooting of transducers, accelerometers, load cells, potentiometers and other various types of electrical equipment.
High School Diploma
- Two year degree in Automotive Technology or similar, plus two years experience, or a combination of four years education or experience in a related field.
- Responsible for maintaining all work area documentation including note logs, check sheets, sample inventory and fixtures
- Required to follow all SOP's associated with tasks as well as EH&S
- Ability to conduct test sample prep and installation/removal
- Ability to design, fabricate, track, locate and mount customized test fixtures as needed
- Ability to run standard tests and support test engineers for one-off testing in a lab environment
- Ability to run multiple test facilities
- Responsible for new procedural information sent out as new programs are brought into the Lab
- Responsible for maintaining specific Lab supplies
- Self starter, highly motivated, strong team player with a positive attitude
Ability to use different tire mounting and balancing machines
Lifting engine parts such as intakes, exhaust parts, heads, drive shafts, and other related engine parts and accessories - 35%
Safety glasses, slip resistant hardened toe shoes, gloves, long pants, short sleeve shirts - 100%
Able to lift 25 lbs
Sitting (50%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), stooping (25%)
Job requires manual labor
Engine high noise level while running in the test cell, the employees are not exposed to engine speeds over idle while in the cell.
Work is inside 100%
Hot temperatures generated by engines. Cold start tests, the engine can be soaked to -20F - 50%
Rotating equipment, engines, hot exhaust, trip hazards - 100%
Equipment and Machines
Computers, analyzers - 70%
Basic hand tools, hammer, screw driver, wrenches, ratchets, sockets, and other related repair tools - 30%
8 hours per day Monday - Friday regular time with occasional overtime
May need to flex time to cover weekend testing
3rd shift (afternoons)
Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary.
Other Essential Functions
Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.