Our ever growing Rail Group is expanding.
JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services, offering a full spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients - from planning & design to construction & operation.
As one of the key members of the rail team, you will play a key role in the delivery of major projects.
We are looking for a Project Manager.
We have over 520 staff in multiple offices across the UK including London, Reading, Birmingham, Glasgow, York and Derby. We are looking to expand our teams by up to 50 experienced staff across our offices to work on these exciting projects and can offer you a career supporting one or more of these projects.
Our York office is working on some of the most prestigious projects in England including TRU and ECML. Therefore, this is an opportunity to join a team focused on local projects.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
As a Project Manager you will be working on major multi-disciplinary projects. You would be responsible for the overall management of the design teams, and the contractual interfaces between the Designer and Client Co-ordinator.
- Leading the multi-disciplinary design teams
- Liaising with clients and design team members
- Ensuring quality deliverables within scope and programme
- Supporting business development initiatives
• Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Use your team to develop a schedule by identifying the activities which will produce the products. Identify the dependencies between these activities, and define the stages to ensure that we deliver quality (Do, review, amend, check, approve, issue).
- Prepare a competitive fee estimate:
- Resource-load the programme.
- Ensure that you understand the risks, and assign an appropriate level of contingency.
- Double check that we have accounted for all the required activities.
- Benchmark the fee with similar projects and eliminate 'nice-to-haves'.
- Manage the risks:
- Identify the risk
- Assess their impact and probability
- Assign the appropriate mitigation strategy and assign ownership
- Check that the actions are being undertaken, monitor their effectiveness, and act.
- Extensive project management experience of leading heavy and/or metro rail project multi-disciplinary design teams
- Qualification in Project Management: Prince2/MAPM
- Extensive experience in design and construct rail projects
- Ability to operate within various forms of contract
- Excellent communication skills with Clients and design team members
- Proven ability of successful major project delivery
Our clients want the real thing, and so do we. Join Jacobs, one of the Most Admired Companies in the industry. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of you. Visit xxxxxxx for an opportunity to build your world.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.