JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors. With offices in Dublin, Cork and Belfast, our Ireland Operations boasts an extensive portfolio spanning industry sectors from infrastructure and buildings to semiconductor and pharmaceutical.
Our Infrastructure team provides multidisciplinary solutions to water, highways, transport, environment, waste and energy clients. From feasibility studies and planning, design, construction management and operations and maintenance, we bring together the talent and expertise necessary to deliver success.
To meet our growing business needs and future development aspirations, we are looking for a Senior Ecologist to join our Dublin Team. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. Our Ecologists provide specialist advice for the full range of projects undertaken by Jacobs and are currently working on a range of diverse, high profile projects within Ireland and the UK.
Reaching back to the UK, our ecology team is currently over a hundred strong which means technical as well as career mentoring to ensure your continued professional development. At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we are looking for the most talented and passionate ecologists and field biologists to be our next generation of leaders.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Identifying health and safety hazards of specific projects, demonstrating a commitment to your own health and safety and to those around you;
- Supporting the engineering and technical teams in project delivery;
- Plan and resource ecological field surveys;
- Lead ecology surveys;
- Support business development activities;
- Produce quality assured ecology deliverables; and,
- Mentor less experienced staff.
Candidates must have a flexible approach to working hours to accommodate seasonality and survey time constraints.
- A first degree in a relevant science;
- Competency in the area of Phase 1 habitats and other relevant protected species;
- Senior-level EcIA and Appropriate Assessment experience;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills particularly the ability to produce clear reports and presentations;
- An in-depth knowledge of ecology, survey techniques and legislation;
- Up to date knowledge of, and familiarity with new technologies and best practice guidelines;
- Up to date knowledge of EU and Irish legislation and policy;
- An ability to provide support and mentoring to junior members of the team;
- Capable of organising and developing your work with minimal supervision; and,
- Full current Irish driving license
- An MSc in ecology or a closely related subject;
- Experience of reviewing others work, including Phase 1 Habitat survey reports, protected species survey reports and AA reporting;
- Experience of producing and reviewing ecology chapters as part of EcIA for complex projects;
- CIEEM membership and Chartership or demonstrable eligibility for these.
- Line management experience also useful.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.