Must be able to manage machine shop and tunnel equipment therein. Ability to schedule and plan work task in support of tunnel testing needs. Ability to research and order tools and materials within machine shop/tunnel equipment. Ability to maintain machine shop equipment or manage subcontracting of equipment repairs. Work in the field (wind tunnels) operate and maintain facility/plant machinery, test equipment, lubrications, cooling systems and drive systems, and follow instructions from Test Managers and Engineers. Operate and set-up the following equipment: Lathes and manual mills, CNC mill, drill presses, Band Saws, use of hand tools and be able to self-train with future new equipment. Manage the control of the chemicals in shop. Follow all the safety programs/standards of Jacobs Technology. Team Player. Good communication skills both oral and written. Have the ability to make model parts, install and run the test equipment.
- Works while bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, or in a prone position for extended time periods.
- Works in confined spaces.
- Lifts and carries items up to 50 pounds, sometimes up and down stairways, where lifting devices and hoists are not available.
- Pushes and pulls heavy objects.
- Ability to use hearing and vision protection and respiratory equipment.
- Work indoors and out in high or low temperatures for all types of weather conditions.
- Work in dusty, noisy, hot, high humidity, dirty, and greasy environment when needed, wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Work in areas where there may be materials that are irritating to eyes, nose, throat, and skin while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Work with other personnel in a group that is Team Oriented.
- Accept and work within established policies and procedures pertaining to company rules and regulations.
Equipment and Machines:
- Fork lifts, overhead cranes and trucks
- Work in the field (wind tunnels) operate and maintain facility/plant machinery, test equipment, lubrication of system, care of cooling systems and drive systems.
- Mechanical, electrical, pneumatic hand tools and other Power Tools as needed.
- Manage and maintain the chemicals in the Machine Shop.
- Set up and run the mills, manual lathes for machine shop with close tolerances that may reach 1/10,000th of an inch.
Work assignments are usually during normal work hours, but overtime is frequently necessary to support meetings, test schedules, and test operations. Testing or Manufacturing support may be needed any day or time of the day, depending on schedule and test requirements. Regular daily attendance required maintaining team effectiveness.
Other Essential Functions:
Ability to work with customers, understand their requirements, and deliver the parts that are required. Read and work off blueprints/drawings for all projects required and follow instructions from Test Managers and Engineers.
Working toward an AA/AS in General engineering or related vocational program with 2 - 5 years related experience. Must be mechanically inclined, have good problem-solving abilities, be able to work independently at times, and be able to do highly accurate work (tolerances may reach 1/10,000th of an inch) that requires concentration and physical effect. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from engineers or your supervisor. Read and work off blueprints/drawings. Use your own judgments/decisions to allow continuances work flow to meet the schedule. Must be self-motivated and a Team Player with good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written). Must be able to organize time and assignments to properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness. There are specific minimum physical requirements. Must follow the safe work environment of Jacobs Technology.