Our ever growing Rail Group is expanding.
As one of the key members of the rail team, you will play a key role in the delivery of major projects.
We are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer with experience of working on major rail/metro projects.
The UK rail sector is very buoyant with the government having funded major upgrade and renewals programmes worth multi billions of pounds over the next five years on the underground and mainline rail which we are currently delivering.
We have over 520 staff in multiple offices across the UK including London, Reading, Birmingham, Glasgow, York and Derby. We are looking to expand our teams by up to 50 experienced staff across our offices to work on these exciting projects and can offer you a career supporting one or more of these projects.
The civils team in our York office work on some of our most prestigious and exciting projects across the UK.
We are looking for individuals who can 'lead by example' and act as a mentor within the team and also someone who has previous experience of leading from the front. The candidates must have an in-depth knowledge of civil and structural techniques so they will be able to impart this knowledge to other members of the team.
- Hands on design
- Mentoring and assisting in the development of graduate engineers
- Design reviews
- Help develop and grow the design team
- Demonstrate ability to deliver competently within agreed budget and timeframes
- Day to day running of Jacobs's project teams
- Attending Design Team Meetings
- Full interface with external clients
- Site representation
- Degree or equivalent in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Chartered Engineer/relevant qualification or working towards this status.
- Design Software experience
- Experience of rail projects: bridges, earthworks, stations, depots, track
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft packages and have the ability to utilise other project related software
- Have good report writing skills
- Have experience of Design codes
- Have excellent communication skills
The candidates will be expected to want to develop their career with Jacobs through internal and external training programmes and individual learning
Our clients want the real thing, and so do we. Join Jacobs, one of the Most Admired Companies in the industry. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of you. Visit xxxxxxx for an opportunity to build your world.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.