Responsible, as a member of a tools team, for providing subject matter expertise on the details of the USMC products that support the processes that have been designed. With an understanding of the requirements and objectives of ITIL best practices, participate in designing the tools that support the ITSM processes that meet functional and technical requirements. Advise Process Owners/Managers in execution of process areas and facilitate positive outcomes for the implementation and communication of processes that will enable the USMC Services. Assist in formulating technical direction in performing process related activities that integrate requirements to achieve ITSM processes standards. Provide analysis that helps in the definition of roles required to support the newly designed process and the permissions required to execute activities. Assist process design team in following Government guidelines to produce quality service management practices and to successfully complete the development of all process design deliverables, and to provide instruction, guidance and training to the process design team and Government stakeholder as required.
Specific responsibilities of the applicant are addressed in the following:
- Maintain the Remedy ITSM systems such as the foundation data (People, locations, support organizations, and on-the-spot training) as well as creating and modifying user profiles.
- Support organizations and geographical locations change almost daily.
- Ensure that each request is assigned an Incident ticket and the request is reviewed by the Technical Review Board.
- Ensure approved requests are converted from an Incident to a Change Request for review by the Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Ensure that Release Management schedules time on SIE to complete the task. Ensure completion of production environment changes by coordinating with the customer(s) change meets with their satisfaction.
- Attend weekly meetings in support of Change and Release Management
The Remedy Implementation Analyst will provide subject matter expertise to support and provide improvement recommendations for the implementation of enterprise processes, procedures, work instructions and software tools supporting the USMC ITSM enterprise environment.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and ten (10) or more years of progressive and relevant experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills and analytical capabilities required.
- Must have knowledge in developing ITSM/ITIL process related products to support IT Service Management (ITSM) practices for mid-large organizations.
- Must have an understanding of HP tools in support of ITSM processes and systems monitoring, with an understanding of HP Operations Manager, and HP Network Node Manager.
- Familiarity with BMC ITSM Suite and integration with other products a plus.
- Must have knowledge of the framework required to design, develop, assess, implement, integrate and support ITSM solutions (focus to be on Event Management data capture and tracking via Aggregators and Manager of Managers).
- Experience and understanding technical system requirements, security requirements, availability requirements and design systems a plus.
- Must have an understanding of DoD/DoN security specifications and capabilities.
- Advanced training/certifications in ITIL (beyond ITIL Foundations) preferred.
- Must have Security Plus or IAT II certification.
- Must have and be able to maintain, a Secret Security Clearance.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle or within a NOC (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. The position is located in Dumfries, VA.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.