Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally.
Recent projects won include being part of Highways England £1.5 billion Smart Motorways programme that will deliver major improvements in technology, traffic lane and signaling with10 new Smart Motorways being designed and built across the UK
This role provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of our growing project services team and to make your mark and influence the continuing growth of Jacobs.
You will provide commercial management support to a portfolio of projects. Your role will include providing support to our Project Managers in delivery of technical services to clients as well as support to clients in the administration of construction contracts. You will provide commercial expertise in the bidding and procurement phases of future projects and frameworks.
As an integral part of the expanding project services team you will work with our Project Controllers to ensure that projects are correctly set up and monitored to allow robust contract compliance and management of risk.
You will assist in the development and growth of the project services team and act as a champion for good commercial practice within the wider highways team.
The role will be based in Leeds, with some travel for meetings etc
- A degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Commercial Management or similar
- Experience of working on Civil Engineering and Infrastructure projects, ideally highways
- A working knowledge and understanding of forms of contract, sub-contracts and procurement options, NEC family in particular
- Proven ability to successfully implement Commercial Management functions, processes and procedures
- Experienced in the identification and management of commercial and contractual risk
- Understanding / experience of Pre-Contract Processes
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate contractual requirements and issues clearly to both commercial and non-commercial audiences
- Confident with proven interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and pro-active with good attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular Excel, Word and Outlook and ability to work with P6 / Microsoft Project schedules
- Familiarity with the Highways England Project Control Framework Process
- Experience of Employee Management / Development
- Good presentation skills
- Formal commercial qualifications or professional accreditation e.g. MRICS, MCInstCES status or equivalent / NEC PM / CEng etc. (or demonstrable progress towards such)
- PRINCE2 or APM Accreditation
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme which offers up to 29 days holiday per annum and a range of additional benefits.