Jacobs Cyber Security Group is a cyber security engineering and analysis arm of Jacobs Engineering company. Due to our rapid growth, we have an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator II supporting our Department of Justice Program.
Currently seeking two CAT II/III linguist with Chinese language skills.
- Must be able to test in the language and English with a minimum score of 3/3
- Written translations of technical and non-technical material using correct syntax and expressions from the native language to English\
- Written translations of the exploitation of materials derived from the collection of foreign language media sources
- Open source research/translations and analysisadvise to government lead(s) on cultural, social and ethnic significance of conversations, situations, documents, etc., in designated regions or geographic locations
- Use of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and related deviseinternal Quality Control checks of translation documents
- Gisting of documents, writing reports and developing/conducting high level briefings
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Clearance: Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
- Sitting at a desk.
- May require lifting and carrying supplies.
- Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- An inside office environment (Considerations: Closed quarters, lighting, and temperature fluctuations)
- Needs to be able to work well with and support co-workers and clients
- Needs to have clear, concise and accurate communication skills
Equipment and Machines:
- Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation
- Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. If hired for a full-time position, it is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, management and employees
Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance - dress is typically business casual, but is dependent on the client's standards.
- Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
- Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
- Must be able to obtain/maintain clearances as required for the position.
- Must be able to access customer work location.