The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our structural engineers are responsible for the structural design for new structures as well as existing structural upgrades. Our engineers design unique and challenging projects, and perform investigations to make expert recommendations to clients for various purposes.
- Lead structural computations and analysis of concrete, steel, and timber structures and conducts calculation checks
- Design drawings, specifications, reports, and other project deliverables while working with the structural engineering team and other disciplines within the project team
- Makes technical assumptions, thinks independently to complete assigned work, and draws engineering conclusions
- Performs assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and codes
- Provide design inputs and reviews of other engineer's projects.
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
- BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required
- Proficient with Revit, AutoCAD, required
- 8 years' experience in the analysis and design of vertical building structures such as government facilities, retail establishments, commercial, industrial, and healthcare projects required
- Working knowledge of building codes: CBC, IBC, ASCE7, ACI, AISC, UFC including Seismic Rehabilitation standards such as ASCE31 and 41-06 required
- Working knowledge of structural analysis/design and finite element programs including: ETABS, SAP2000, SAFE, RAM, RISA, and Enercalcs required
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration required
- MS degree in Structural Engineering preferred
- California SE preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.