The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Mechanical Engineers provide a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. The engineer will be responsible for providing HVAC system design: calculations and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external) under the guidance of more senior technical staff. The Engineer will take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned to you. Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability to progress from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team.
Our Global Buildings design office in Irvine, CA, provides consulting architectural and engineering services related to vertical building construction in coordination with in-house architects, mechanical engineers, and other disciplines.
Engineered HVAC systems include, but are not limited to: Air distribution, piping/pumping systems and controls, central plants, package HVAC Unit systems, and Central/Built-up Air handling systems.
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed
- Support senior engineer and/or senior designer in the on-going determination of project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
- Performs construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports
- Processing RFI's, Change Orders
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
- Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Bachelor Degree in Architectural Engineering (BSAE) required
- Proficient in Revit, 3D CADD required
- Minimum 8 years of facility-related HVAC design experience required
- Previous experience including the implementation of engineered designs for the production of contract documents for Federal, Military, and Private Sector clients required
- Proficiency with HVAC load and energy calculations, and Title 24 energy compliance calculations required
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way, both in person and in writing required
- Attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork required
- EIT preferred
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- California PE, or in the process of obtaining, preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.