Jacobs Technology is a large business specializing in providing engineering and technical services to various Government customers. Jacobs Technology Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jacobs Engineering Inc. (NYSE: JEG) - one of the nation's largest engineering, architecture, technology, and construction firms - with annual revenues exceeding $12B and more than 70,000 personnel worldwide. We have been an integral partner of the Government in supporting the development of virtually every aerospace and defense program over the past 60 years. Sustained superior performance in each of these operations while maintaining a world-renowned commitment to safety and quality is a hallmark of Jacobs.
The candidate will provide specialized VTC support to executive level customers and special events. The operator will serve as a member of the video operations support staff, providing assistance to VTC customers.
- Provide VTC scheduling assistance to customers.
- Setup and monitor MCU based conferences.
- Assist customers with connecting to conferences.
- Provide email and telephone support to the VOC as needed.
- Coordinate with distant end users to ensure successful videoconferences.
- Instruct users in the operation of the VTC user control panel and all other end user VTC equipment.
- Performs VTC technical assistance to local users on an as needed basis.
- Provide recommendations to management on improved equipment reliability and conference quality.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports to management.
Active TS/SCI with Poly Required
Education and Experience:
Associates degree in a computer field and six (6) years of related experience. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
Skills & Experience:
- Attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work shifts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills to troubleshoot complex VTC problems.
- Self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Professional oral and written presentation skills.
- Professional appearance is a must.
- Polycom VTC and CISCO/Tandberg VTC experience.
- JWICS VTC and Scheduler experience.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment and Machines
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements
Must be willing to travel as needed
Must take and pass a drug test and background check