The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking a highly motivated PD&E Project Manager to provide management, direction and oversight of PD&E, municipal planning and engineering services. Specifically desirable expertise includes transportation planning, NEPA/environmental documentation structural, roadway and/or drainage engineering, NEPA permitting or civil engineering.
This person will interact regularly with the Jacob's clients and be engaged in the community as well as helping to direct the PD&E team serving Municipal Planning, Engineering and Environment markets. As such, you will interact regularly with the other senior managers and work with a team of engineering, environmental, and planning professionals. The ideal candidate for this opportunity can multi-task a wide array of projects and assignments, is a problem solver who combines excellence in communication skills with strong analytical and management skills. We are seeking a motivated self-starter with demonstrated PD&E expertise. This analytical thinker will quickly resolves transportation issues by enhancing the mobility of people and goods. Jacobs PD&E projects range from straightforward capacity projects to complex, high-profile projects so there will be opportunities to increase professional and industry visibility. The successful candidate will be expected to help grow the Florida PD&E practice working and increase sales by:
• Serving as the PD&E Manager for Florida projects.
• Serves as primary client contact for multiple projects.
• Has full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project including negotiating extras, cost control, staffing and quality control.
• Secure profitable new work
• Estimate fees, determine scope of work, and prepare proposals and contracts on large or multiple projects.
• Primary responsibility is successful management of FDOT PD&E transportation projects
• Developing the capabilities and backlog of the PD&E team.
• Serving as an effective client manager and industry leader.
• Working effectively across multiple disciplines in project management.
• Leading PD&E business development transforming client/ agency discussions into pursuits.
• Preparing scopes and fee estimates.
• Interpreting, executing and coordinating project assignments.
• Monitoring work progress for budget compliance, deadlines and quality control.
• Hiring and developing technical staff, as necessary.
• Preparing technical reports and other deliverables.
• Actively manage client's budget, schedule and program; Jacobs budget and schedule; project communications and documentation
• Satisfy client requirements.
• Coordinate work efforts and review work performed.
This position will support Central and North Florida.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required
• At least 15 years of PD&E experience is required; Licensed Florida Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
• Demonstrated experience with PD&E studies, roadway conceptual studies and context sensitive design projects with a high degree of technical complexity required.
• Effective communication and project management skills required.
• Strong technical capabilities and proven verbal communication skills required.
• Substantial experience speaking to groups such as public agencies and key decision makersrequired.
• Successful experience working with FHWA, permitting agencies and local agencies and a working knowledge of and relationships with FL MPOs required.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Relaxed problem solver that is willing to reach out to client continually.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.