Jacobs Technology's TEIMS Group is a premier provider of process-based systems and software engineering products and services. We focus on innovative solutions for our customers at the Department of Defense (DOD) and other Government organizations.
We are looking for an On-Site Support Representative to support the Patriot Excalibur (PEX) program at Fort Smith, AR.
Patriot Excalibur (PEX) is USAF software used to automate processes such as scheduling, training, and standardization/evaluation in squadron sized units.
The ideal candidate should under governmental direction, provide dedicated, on-site support for customized applications, interfaces, and system administration requested by Major Commands (MAJCOMs). MAJCOMs may request and fund dedicated, on-site contractor staff to develop specialized interfaces, reports, dashboards, and other applications that externally interact with PEX in order to support a headquarter, wing, or lower echelon unit's need. Such support may also include administration of local systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate with base Small Computers and Communications support agencies, including coordination with hardware, software, data suppliers and contractors
- Assist military personnel with the installation of PEX servers and clients, including non-scheduled updates and/or patches to applicable servers and clients
- Oversee PEX implementation, upgrades, and disposition; ensure PEX hardware and software versions are compatible
- Manage PEX security permission levels, user list, and access levels
- Provide initial, continuity, or refresher training to local users on-site in the operations of PEX features and upgrades
- Troubleshoot PEX software, hardware problems found by the user at the unit or squadron to provide problem identification, resolution and tracking to include logging the problem, duplicating through testing and analyzing until a resolution is found.
- Maintain control and cognizance over USAF unclassified/classified data.
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law. To view the DOL's Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster, please click here .
- Understanding of and ability to analyze/troubleshoot hardware, software, and Windows operating systems.
Knowledge of networking hardware/software over classified and unclassified government networks.
Patriot Excalibur experience highly desirable.
Must have four years' experience administering infrastructure support to mainframe and / or client server systems and/or DOD systems.
Operational flying and non-flying experience in USAF Squadron Training, Stan/Eval, Scheduling, and readiness is desirable
Must be able to identify and analyze important factors and conditions in order to recognize and apply an understanding of interrelationships, and anticipate customer need.
Must decide course of action based on analyses of the subjects and issues related to the assignments and select the appropriate course of action from acceptable alternatives.
Must be able to work independently and with minimal to no supervision
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline
- Or Technical School Certificate related to computer systems
- Or the equivalent military training.
Training and Certifications:
- DOD 8570 level 1 certification required. Prefer candidate have at time of hire, or must have within six months of hire date.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Work is primarily sedentary. Some walking and standing may occur in the course of a normal workday in connection with travel to and from meeting and conferences. May carry light items, such as reports, data products, and notebooks.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
Must be able to work within the shift hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
May be required to work outside of normal shift hours when required for mission support.
Other Essential Functions:
Travel requirements - Work may require occasional to frequent travel.
Must be able to secure and maintain a security clearance.
Must pass drug testing.
Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers' safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.