The company's service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
The Regional Inside Sales Manager for the Southwest is to be located in Jacobs' Irvine office. The Regional Inside Sales Manager drives inside sales efforts and manages the Inside Sales team who support transportation infrastructure, building design and program/construction management opportunities across California, Arizona and Nevada.
This position supports the firm in winning opportunities by managing, coordinating, writing, reviewing, and editing proposals, qualification statements, and presentation materials as well as the development of win strategies, client plans and value propositions. The manager will work both independently and on a team to produce high quality deliverables that adhere to company guidelines and meet strict client deadlines. The manager may be responsible for managing proposal development personnel.
The primary responsibility of the Regional Inside Sales Manager is to drive disciplined application of our three-phase Relationship Based Sales (RBS) Process: (1) develop and advance client relationships prior to opportunity identification (Opening Game); (2) strategically position us for specific opportunities (Middle Game); and (3) develop high-quality opportunity-specific response documents with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals (End Game). The Inside Sales Manager positions us to win work and supports global growth of our businesses. The Regional Inside Sales Manager is a "hands on" position and is also expected to lead several of our higher profile proposals.
- Lead by example, Jacobs' Beyond Zero program to promote an incident and injury free culture. Be proactive in ensuring health and safety of bid team throughout
- Organize, direct and motivate a multidiscipline pursuit team to develop strategic sales deliverables
- Evaluate existing inside sales staff for suitability of role and replace as necessary.
- Support Sales Leads and Operations in key Opening Game activities, e.g. client, competitor and market research, development of documented Core Client Strategies, participation in 10:1s, development of Executive Summaries and White Papers
- Actively work with sales and operations to develop and implement Middle Game action plan, e.g. document due diligence in project brief, develop win plan, SWOT analysis, and Executive Summary, conduct Go/No Go and strategy review, identify execution team
- Plan, organize and direct all elements of End Game, e.g. analyze client request, develop response plan (B&P budget, response team, compliance check-list, response outline, schedule), initiate Go/No Go, conduct kick-off meeting, manage and work with team to develop response sections, refine Executive Summary, conduct in-progress reviews, schedule Pricing Reviews, ensure on-time delivery of response
- Translate the Win Strategy into key themes and produce compelling sales documents utilizing benefits statements, graphics, and proofs
- Work with Sales Leads and Capture Manager/Operations to develop B&P estimate, gain approval, regularly monitor B&P spending, and report any significant variances
- Work with Capture Manager/Operations to develop innovative solutions, or leverage corporate network to identify existing capabilities, that respond to client challenges and create a distinctive competitive advantage
- Develop and maintain qualification materials including project descriptions, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Specifically work with Operations to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials
- Share sales materials, information, knowledge and best practices with other Inside Sales team members company wide
- Education: 4 year college degree required
- Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience within the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) Industry strongly preferred
- Technical: Strong capability in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite. Strong communication skills preferred
- Language: Effective verbal and written communication skills in English (and other languages, as applicable) preferred
- Other: Work may be required after hours and on weekends, and sometimes on short notice. Must also be willing and able to travel preferred