Position shift is Friday-Monday 7:00AM-5:30PM.
Support testing in the areas of front/rear impact, interior head impact, head-form impact, Servo and HYGE sled operation, etc. Testing responsibilities include fixture fabrication, mechanical preparation and instrumentation, test execution, data collection and post test removal of test equipment and components. Test Lab instrumentation including application, installation, and calibration and troubleshooting of transducers, accelerometers, load cells, potentiometers and other various types of electrical equipment.
High School Diploma
- Associate in Automotive Technology or related field of study.
- Experience in an occupant safety testing facility and performance testing on airbag and safety restraint systems.
- Experience with instrumentation used in safety testing, including TC's, Load Cells, Strain Gages, String Pots, Accelerometers, CMM equipment, etc.
- Equipment experience includes operation of: HYGE or Servo sled, Tinius or Instron, airbags and safety restraint systems.
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge, welding experience (MIG, TIG, Arc), basic machine shop / fabrication experience.
Lifting - 25%, up to 50 pounds
Climbing - 25%
Safety glasses, hearing protection on sites, safety shoes - 100%
Manual handling of Powered Material Handling Vehicle (PMHV) - 75%
Audiograms required (TWA over 85 dB)
Sitting (50%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), stooping (25%)
Job requires manual labor
Inside facility - 100%
Must pass PMHV licensing
Equipment and Machines
Computers - 25%
PMHV - 25%
Air driven sockets, basic hand tools - 25%
Friday through Monday - 100%
Day shift 7:00am-5:30pm, but Shift assignment is subject to change, so candidate must be flexible with available work hours
Punctuality and regular attendance are critical - 100%
Other Essential Functions
Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, PHMV exam, and background check.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.