JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Jacobs transport planning discipline has an enviable reputation in the UK consultancy sector as a result of our extensive portfolio of high profile projects. Our projects involve working with various major clients in the transport industry, including local authorities, private sector, and government, throughout the UK and Ireland.
We wish to recruit a Transport Planner to complement our current team in Glasgow. You will become part of a respected and ambitious team, and the role will provide every opportunity for you to make your mark and influence the continuing sustainable growth of Jacobs in the UK.
As a Transport Planner you will be involved in delivering a wide range of transportation projects, for various high profile clients across the UK. In order for you to fulfil this role you must therefore have a detailed knowledge and experience of using standard modelling packages and recognised transport appraisal techniques.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. Primary Job Responsibilities
- As a Transport Planner you will be involved in the delivery of a wide range of strategic transport projects, primarily on behalf of Local Authority clients but with opportunities to engage with colleagues from across the UK.
You will support a team of consultants working on a variety of transport planning projects
- You will be responsible for the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports and models.
- Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis and reports from transport models and transport appraisal techniques.
- Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems.
- You will have experience as a Transport Planner for road and/or public transport studies with the ability to contribute to the success of a range of high profile transport projects
An appropriate academic background, preferably MSc in a Transport related discipline or equivalent experience. A BSc in Engineering, Mathematics, Geography or Economics would also be preferred. We will also expect:
Jacobs is an equal opportuties employer and committed to the safety and welbeing of all.
- Wider experience of local transport planning work e.g. travel plans, network management, data collection, Business Case development etc
- Experience in working with Micro and/or Macro modelling software (e.g. SATURN, CUBE, VISUM, VISSIM, Paramics, Junctions8, TRANSYT, LINSIG etc).
- Experience of statistical analysis / programming
- Chartered Engineer or other relevant professional accreditation (Chartered Membership)