The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Electrical Designers work on various projects as assigned by a Project Manager or Lead Engineer. This position will play a role in the entire design process including but not limited to preliminary assessments, concept creation, design, problem resolution, drawing and specification production, and customer and vendor accessibility. The Designer may work on several concurrent projects and at times may assist as a technical expert on a specialized design.
- Provide technical design of systems for building projects including security, fire alarm, voice, data, audio/visual, and other low voltage systems
- Responsibilities include preparation of engineering drawings, specifications, reports, conduct site visits, review technical documents, and customer contact
- Will be responsible to complete project assignments with minimal supervision as well as give directions to support staff to complete a project
- Technical or Associates Degree from an accredited institution required
- Credentials as an RCDD or working towards this title is required
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience actively designing low voltage and communication systems for buildings required
- Familiarity and demonstrated knowledge of ANSI/TIA and BICSI standards required
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Microstation as well as Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook required
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills required
- Self-motivation to coordinate with other disciplines and customers required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficiency in communicating technical information to engineering and related staff as well as presentation skills to customers required
- Bachelors in Electrical or Architectural Engineering preferred
- Experience with Revit and/or Triforma software is preferred
- Working towards professional engineering registration preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.