The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs has an opportunity for a Construction Manager located in Los Angeles, CA.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The Construction Manager has responsibility for safety, technical, contractual, budget and schedule activities on medium to large transit and transportation projects. The successful candidate will have responsibility for management and contract performance across multiple disciplines or projects on a large transit contract in Los Angeles. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, team player, an excellent communicator, focused on providing excellent client service, and have proven experience performing most, or all of, the below duties:
• Assures Jacobs team performance of project personnel and subconsultants meets Client needs and expectations
• Monitors project budgets, financial commitments and expenditures
• Assures safety policies and procedures are implemented on the project and monitors safety program for compliance
• Assures quality processes and procedures are implemented on the project and monitor's for compliance
• Manages and coordinates sub consultant participation on the project
• Develops and implements staffing plans in accordance with contract and project requirements
• Reviews / approves invoices to the client
• Supervises staff (Resident Engineers, Office Engineers, Field Engineers/Inspectors, etc) and provides guidance and mentoring
• Communicates project status to supervisor and others on daily, weekly, and monthly basis or when required
• Prepares and implements project procedures, safety and quality plans
• Attends and presents project status at monthly project review meetings (OPRs)
• Manages Accounts Receivable (A/R) and Accounts Payable (A/P) for client and sub consultant invoices
• Conducts client expectation surveys
• Attends Project Status meetings with Client
• May serve as Resident Engineer or site leader on medium or large transit or transportation projects ensuring safety, quality, budget, and schedule requirements are achieved
• Manages dispute resolution (including preparation of position papers)
• Perform complex schedule and claim analysis
- This position requires a minimum of 7 years experience as a Project Manager
- This position requires a minimum of 15 years total experience in the construction industry
- A BS degree in engineering or related field is required. An MS degree is desirable
- SANDAG or other similar transit agency experience is required
- Caltrans or other similar public agency experience is desirable
- A California PE (or the ability to obtain) is highly desirable
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.