Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Within water/wastewater, we are one of the leading companies where we deliver end - to - end services from strategic consultancy to construction and maintenance for our core clients. Due to our recent wins across a number of key Water Utility clients to provide engineering services in AMP6, we have fantastic opportunities for more ambitious people to join our team and make a real difference.
We currently have an opportunity for a Civil Engineer within our water team based in Manchester, Salford (can also be based in Leeds or Warrington). The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
We are looking to involve the right calibre of engineer to get involved in interesting and challenging projects. As a Civil Engineer you may be working on water and/or wastewater treatment projects (industrial and domestic wastewater) as well as clean water and sewage transfer systems. The right candidate will be given the opportunity to work in a variety of phases of projects from feasibility and concept design, through to governance of design quality and scope compliance in construction.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Assisting project teams
Participating in the design of medium/large projects
Completing scopes of work within agreed time frames
Working with project engineers and other design team members in an integrated approach
Maintaining technical quality ensuring designs meet client specification
Working to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives
Ensuring project financial performance within civil discipline budget on projects
Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with other Jacobs discipline leads on projects
- Incorporated Engineer or have made significant demonstrative progress towards CEng status (with relevant experience)
- Knowledge and experience of the water industry and drainage design or related design discipline
- Minimum of a Degree or Honours Degree in a Civil Engineering related discipline
- Demonstrable experience in working on medium or large projects
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and other project team members
- Familiar with current industry best practice and standards
- Working knowledge of NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and Professional Services Contracts
- Recent experience in the design of structures
- Experience of working with Contractor on Design and Build Projects
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.