The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Great opportunity for a senior level estimator with strong emphasis on Rail/Transit Electrical & Systems design and construction to support a mega design/build rail/transportation project in the Washington D.C area. This candidate will be part of our project management support services (PMSS) team and will have full responsibility for assigned cost estimates in support of our Program for all design, construction and other contract requirements.
- Supporting the development of the scope of changes and contract requirements and defining the scope for estimating.
- Coordinating with all disciplines (engineering, contracts, etc.) and actively leading the efforts required for cost estimating of changes and other contract requirements.
- Developing estimates for professional services, labor, material and equipment costs for changes and other contracts related to the new rail, station, wayside facilities and road highway projects using templates according to project procedures.
- Following all federal guidelines and procedures including contract requirements and internal procedures in documenting the bases of estimates, vendor pricing and etc.
- Involvement in all aspects of cost estimating from the change inception to its execution (rough order of magnitude estimates (ROM's), independent cost estimates (ICEs) and Cost Analyses (CAs)).
- Supporting negotiations and scoping meetings with contractors if needed including leading cost estimating discussions in resolving differences.
- Presenting/defending estimates for management reviews.
- 8-10 years of electrical/systems rail/transit estimating experience is required
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field is required
- A general estimating background experience in all divisions is critical
- An excellent track record in customer service and proven collaborative management skills is required
- Candidate must be able to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Local candidates only will be considered - no relocation allowance.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Human Resources Director at our Arlington, VA office at xxxxxxx xxxxxxx. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.