Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
Our Sustainable Solutions Business Unit provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 600 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Technical Director, Ecology.
Jacob's ecology team is one of the UK's largest most dynamic and respected ecology teams. Our Ecologists provide specialist advice for the full range of projects undertaken by Jacobs, as well as servicing the needs of their own client base. The team works on a range of diverse, high profile projects in the UK, Europe and the Middle East
The ecology team is currently over a hundred strong which means technical as well as career mentoring to ensure your continued professional development. At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate ecologists and field biologists to be our next generation of leaders.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
- Leading and mentoring a team of ecologists working on a variety of projects.
- Ecological project management.
- Business development.
- Preparation of ecological impact studies, feasibility studies, and scheme reports for projects.
- Resolution of technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across projects and for the monitoring of progress.
- Integrating the regional delivery and supporting the UK ecology delivery.
- Take an active role in the technical development of staff, coaching and mentoring on technical issues
- An in depth knowledge of ecology science.
- An honours degree in ecology or related field.
- Full member of CIEEM.
- Proven experience of most aspects of ecological projects.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Evidence of excellent client and stakeholder relationships and ability to develop new ones.
- Thorough understanding of environmental legislation pertinent to the UK and experience of HRA
- Proven ability in team leading / management.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Good IT skills.
- Postgraduate degree
- Protected species licence(s)
- Project management experience
- Chartered Environmentalist / Ecologist
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.