Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Within water/wastewater, we are one of the leading companies where we deliver end - to - end services from strategic consultancy to construction and maintenance for our core clients. Due to our recent wins across a number of key Water Utility clients to provide engineering services in AMP6, we have fantastic opportunities for more ambitious people to join our team and make a real difference.
We currently have an opportunity for a Principal Engineer within our water team based in Manchester, Salford (can also be base din either Leeds or Warrington). The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
We are looking to engage the right calibre of experienced individuals to be part of a multi-disciplinary team and help drive interesting and challenging projects to completion.
As a senior member of our engineering team you could be working on water and/or wastewater treatment projects (industrial and domestic wastewater) as well as clean water and sewage transfer systems. The right candidate will be given the opportunity to lead multi-disciplinary design teams providing technical input to a variety of phases of projects from feasibility and concept design, through to governance of design quality and scope compliance in construction.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Mentoring & developing graduate, Engineers & Senior Engineers within the civil engineering function
- Undertaking checking of design deliverables/outputs
- Setting & Maintaining standards for technical quality ensuring designs meet Client specification
- Assisting or leading multi-disciplinary project teams
- Leading a civil design team to complete scopes of work within agreed time frames
- Working with project managers and other design team members in an integrated approach
- Working to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives
- Ensuring project financial performance within civil discipline budget on projects
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the other Jacobs discipline leads on projects
- Chartered Engineer with management experience
- Knowledge and experience of the current water industry and drainage design best practice.
- Significant experience in working within the UK water industry
- Significant demonstrable experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team to deliver water/wastewater engineering projects
- Significant demonstrable experience in leading the civil design of medium or large projects
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and other project team members
- Experience of leading a successful team of engineers including technicians and design engineers, including coaching and mentoring experience
- Experience of line management
- Experience of providing technical governance on projects
- Working knowledge of NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and Professional Services Contracts
- Water/Wastewater treatment plant hydraulic design
- Recent design of structures experience
- Experience of working with Contractor on Design and Build Projects
- Experience of operating as an ICE Mentor and/or SCE
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.