The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs Engineering Group (Jacobs), a leading international engineering/architecture firm, is seeking an Entry Level Geotechnical Engineer to join our Boston office.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Performing and overseeing geotechnical field explorations, including test borings, rock coring, test pits, cone penetration testing, hand augers, and other methods
• Perform construction monitoring of earth retaining structures, deep foundations (drilled shafts, piles), and shallow foundations.
• Assist with the design of shallow and deep foundations and earth retaining structures.
• Work in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams from across North America.
• Possess an outgoing and positive attitude, are dependable and meet all assigned project deadlines.
• Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
• Master of Science in Civil Engineering is a must.
• 0-5 years of experience.
• Working knowledge of soil mechanics theory and laboratory testing techniques.
• Engineer-In-Training certificate, or Professional Engineering License
• Willingness and flexibility to travel for work.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer skills including CADD, Microsoft Office.
• Drivers license and reliable vehicle will be required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.