The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Great opportunity to oversee Transportation / Highway Design engineering team and assure quality of the design documents to include contractor's compliance with the contract documents. Senior Transportation Project Manager will manage project personnel engineering staffing, project design and contract administration, under the direction of a Regional Operations Manager.
- Manages the Transportation / Roadway Engineering department, ensuring staffing levels to reflect project and operations requirements.
- Builds and mentors a team of strong Roadway Design professionals achieving quality outcomes, financial performance and client satisfaction.
- Leads specific projects as the Chief Roadway Design Engineer in conjunction with providing guidance to other engineers within the department.
- Senior Project Manager for key roadway design projects.
- Identifies opportunities and positions the firm through pre-marketing activity.
- Involves continuous client contact from the proposal stage to project completion.
- Implements technical standards and provides feedback to Projects Managers.
- Quality Assurance of engineering and design project deliverables generated.
- Preparation of project budgets and schedules in coordination with the Roadway design group.
- Ensures discipline standards are followed as established and maintained.
- Provides day-to-day coordination and allocation of engineering resources.
- Will be responsible for meeting billability goals for self and Roadway design team
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with VA PE.
- Fifteen years plus of Roadway / Highway design engineering experience with VDOT Districts.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and possess above average written and oral communication skills.
- Design Build experience with VDOT is preferred
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency including the use of Microsoft Office.
- Position demands a leader who has a passion for engineering leadership, an accomplished track record in Transportation / Roadway design and the communication skill required to manage a world class team.
- Ideal candidate will be a seasoned accomplished seller / doer who has in depth technical leadership experience coupled with Project Management and success leading and expanding a Transportation design business
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Human Resources Director at our Arlington, VA office at xxxxxxx xxxxxxx. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.