Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development - complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us in ENR's Top 20 Design Firms for the telecommunications sector in 2014. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
- Assist Crew Lead to ensure quality service to clients.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily jobsite safety plans are reviewed and followed. Immediately stops work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist.
- Installation/De-installation of transmission lines, connectors, antenna and accessories.
- Work effectively both individually and with other crew members.
- Handle transportation of equipment.
- Travel up to 100%-----------
- Current ComTrain or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a tower climber required.
- Willingness to work in hot and cold weather conditions for long periods of time required
- Capable of being entrusted with company assets and confidential information required
- Demonstrate knowledge of OSHA safety guidelines and practical use of these guidelines as well as all other applicable safety laws and policies.
- Basic troubleshooting experience preferred
- Technical knowledge of wireless telecommunications products preferred
- Willingness to take on and learn new tasks, as needed.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Experience in tower-rigging preferred
- Must be able to work overtime to include Saturday, Sundays and evening hours.
- Associates or Technical School preferred
- Military communications, electronics troubleshooting, fiber optics or other related construction experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Anritsu and/or PIM testing preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
- Fiber, Commscope connectors and/or equivalent Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft a plus.