Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
Our Sustainable Solutions Business Unit provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 600 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Senior or Principal Environmental Scientist with a background in water quality. The role will be based in our Glasgow office although the candidate would be expected to work at times from our Edinburgh office and other UK offices when the need arises.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. We recognise
that professional and personal development is a continuous process, and you will be enrolled on a range of in-house training courses and encouraged to progress your career, raising your profile within and outside the organisation.
- Leading and managing multi-discipline teams comprising water quality, hydrology, flood risk and fluvial geomorphology specialists across the UK to help deliver input for a range of infrastructure projects.
- Supporting senior management in business development and leading/contributing to bids and future project opportunities.
- Providing line management, guidance and mentoring to more junior members of the team.
- Liaising with clients, stakeholders and statutory/non-statutory consultees.
- Leading on health and safety and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you, providing an exemplary model for junior members of the team to follow.
- A good degree qualification in a relevant environmental/natural science. Second/higher degree desirable;
- Chartered Environmentalist;
- Strong technical skills in environmental assessment;
- A track record of successful project management on EIA projects, with experience of coordinating large multidisciplinary teams;
- Excellent report writing skills and substantial experience of Environmental Statement preparation;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Staff/resource management capability;
- High-level commercial awareness and an aptitude for business development
- A focus and desire to work safely;
- Expert Witness/ Public Inquiry
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.