Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Within water/wastewater, we are one of the leading companies where we deliver end - to - end services from strategic consultancy to construction and maintenance for our core clients. Due to our recent wins across a number of key Water Utility clients to provide engineering services in AMP6, we have fantastic opportunities for more ambitious people to join our team and make a real difference.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer within our water team based in Manchester, Salford (can also be based in Leeds or Warrington). The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
As a Senior Civil Engineer you would be required to lead multi-disciplinary teams of engineers on projects right from need definition, though to concept and outline design and development of work packs for Design and Build contracts. The right candidate will be given the opportunity to lead multi-disciplinary design teams in a variety of phases of projects from feasibility and concept design, through to governance of design quality and scope compliance in construction.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop strong trusted working relationships with the client's operational, maintenance, asset management, catchment management, process controllers and quality management teams
- Enhance the collaborative working environment
- Mentor junior staff in their development and providing on-the-job training and guidance to enable them to develop their technical capabilities
- Have technical responsibility for the review and sign-off of civil engineering design from the wider team and be expected to develop a professional network within Jacobs to keep informed of developments elsewhere and share good practice, lessons learnt and technical excellence within the wider Jacobs community
- Carrying out engineering functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality
- Manage the design team to complete scopes of work within agreed time frames
- Leading design reviews and ensuring actions are completed and closed out in a timely fashion
- Working with client project engineers and other design team members in an integrated approach
- Assisting the programme engineering team to maintain technical quality
- Assisting the programme quality team and PM to meet health and safety and overall project quality objectives
- Ensuring project financial performance to be within budget on projects
- Chartered Civil Engineer
- Knowledge and experience of the water industry and drainage design
- Significant experience in working within the UK water industry
- Significant demonstrable experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team to deliver water/wastewater engineering projects
- Significant demonstrable experience in leading the civil design of medium or large projects
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and other project team members Experience of leading a successful team of engineers including technicians and design engineers and will be familiar with current industry best practice.
- Working knowledge of NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and Professional Services Contracts
- Water/Wastewater treatment plant hydraulic design
- Recent design of structures experience
- Experience of working with Contractor on Design and Build Projects
- Experience of operating as an ICE Mentor and/or SCE
- Experience of managing technical teams providing coaching and mentoring.
- Experience of Line Management experience
- Experience of providing technical governance to design teams
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.